The Osceola County's Hispanic/Latinx community is rich in heritage and vibrant with diversity. To recognize and celebrate Hispanic/Latinx Heritage Month, we welcome community members to share something interesting or special about their family history or culture.
Topics may include:
Stories from family members highlighting family traditions; recipes from you or your parents' native country; original artwork, poetry, or prose celebrating your heritage through creative expression; a vivid description of memories you treasure; or photographs highlighting a piece of home that you carry with you wherever you go (a ring, a coin, a book, a piece of furniture).
Help us create a dynamic collection of what makes Hispanic/Latinx culture beautiful and special.
In recognition of Hispanic Heritage Month, this program will be open for submission from September 15 - October 15, 2021.
The submission process is free and you are welcome to submit as many entries as you like. Before you submit, please be aware of the following guidelines regarding copyright:
- You may not copy a photograph from a published book or someone's website without their permission.
- Photographs must belong to the entrant or a family member.
- Artwork, poetry, or written submissions must be created by the entrant or a family member, with their permission.
- Photographs should include a detailed description of the item and explanation of its importance to you and/or your family.
- Written submissions describing family traditions or treasured memories should be at least 150 words.
Accepted File Formats
PDF, JPG, PNG, GIF
How do I submit my stories?
The most common way will be to type your stories in Microsoft Word or Google Docs and save it as a PDF file.
How do I submit my photos?
Scan your photographs and save them as a JPG, PNG, or GIF file.
If you need help with the submission process, you can visit an Osceola Library System branch in person, email TheLibrary@osceolalibrary.org or call 407-742-8888 for assistance.